Meeting Minutes - July 21, 2016
Welcome: Stacy McBride and Katie Hartman
Attendance: Stacy McBride, Jami Smith, Katie Hartman, Emily Reed, Melissa Graver, Margie Booze, Randi Payne
Review Minutes from May 11
Secretary – Randi Payne
Treasurer’s Report – Melissa Graver
Beginning Balance: (May 11) $7690.33
Check from May 4, 2016 member Event 15.00
Event Brite 172.00
KSRA Leadership award (Oct. 2015) 200.00
Total Receipts $387.00
Check to Melissa Graver for stamps 7.52
Leg Up Farm (outstanding) 250.00
Total Expenses $257.52
Ending Balance: (July 21, 2016) $7819.81
Presidents’ Report – Stacy McBride
· Katie, Megan, and Stacy attended the leadership meeting. We are required to create a strategic plan.
· We must have 10 SCRC members also be ILA members.
President-Elect’s Report – Katie Hartman
Vice-President’s Report – Liz Ewing
Corresponding Secretary – Jil Manga
ACT 48 – Emily Reed
Act 48 report will be completed when the calendar is done.
Membership Report – Katie Beauchat
· Katie will serve as the membership chair until up to January, then we need to have someone else in place.
· We currently have 95 members, 62 expired members. Katie will send renewal emails to people on the expired list in the next week.
Literacy Advocacy – Megan Miller
· Megan is asking everyone to invite our FB friends to like the SCRC FB page and to like and share the posts.
Newsletter – Margie Booze
· Next Newsletter: ”Welcome Back to School”
· Article Due 8/12 Newsletter to go out on 8/26
o President article
o New Member Introduction-Stacy will write a story on a new member. Suggested Jen Strobeck, who won the membership at the last event.
o Community Service-Emily will write something.
o Literacy Advocacy-Stacy will ask Megan to write something up.
o Act 48-Emily will write something.
Community Service – Emily Reed
· Event at Codorus was a big success. Children did an obstacle course and then chose a book.
· Reading Rainbow event, October 8. Lindsay Barrett George will be at York College.
· Discussion of ideas to recruit more volunteers for community service events.
Nominating Committee: We need a group to work together for this to write a slate for next year’s officers.
Promotions & Social Media: Megan Miller
Hospitality – We need a group to work together for this
Celebrate Literacy – Amy Dove
· We are in need of nominees for this year’s award. We are trying to select a non-member. Stacy will send the Board an email with the criteria.
- Fall: Lindsay Barrett George will already be in town for Reading Rainbow during the week of October 8, so maybe we could pair up with the library and host an author event
drive to meet the goal of gaining 5-10 new members. Meet the other
- September 29, from 5-7 pm
- Randi will check about using SB multi-purpose room (Emily will check on insurance)
- Stacy will call Baltimore School of Massage
- Katie will call York School of Tech for the cosmetology and culinary groups
- Emily will contact Reading Matters and York County Library Systems
- Stacy will talk to someone who does Yoga
- Coffee and Tea bar
- Emily will call a friend to see if we can use their office for a wine, cheese, and silent reading party
webinar- popcorn and pajamas PD-Book talks of children’s literature
- Looking at February 2017
and Noble wrapping?
- Are we interested in doing a fund raiser wrapping gifts? Maybe for Mother’s Day? Stacy will call to see if we can reserve a date.
- Spring: Technology in Literacy event-May 8, 2017
- Eventbrite for registration
- E-mail newsletters & Drop off flyers at districts
- District Contact List
- Mail Chimp for Membership email blasts
· Co-president? Katie is the new co-president.
· Goals for our council
o Work on these and send them to Stacy
· SCRC Brochure
o Think about what else we want to have on the brochure so that we can finish it up. Send Stacy ideas of what else to put on it.
· KSRA September Board Meeting
o Statewide Meeting of Local Council Leaders & Ad Hoc Chairs, September 23-24, 2016, Toftrees, State College
o Board of Directors & Select Committees, January 27-28, 2017, Toftrees, State College
o Board of Directors & Select Committees, March 31-April1, 2017, Toftrees, State College
· KSRA basket
o Melissa will ask Jil Manga to make this again.
KSRA conference- Seven Springs Mountain Resort
Saturday, Oct. 22 – Tuesday, Oct. 25, 2016
Next Meeting: August 30, 2016 5:30 pm @ Isaac’s in West York
Adjournment: 5:39 pm